Friday, September 19, 2008

Terry



Last Tuesday September 9, 2008 our wonderful and loving friend, Terry Williams was killed in a dump truck accident. He has been our neighbor and great friend for quite a few years. He and his awesome wife Linda were never blessed with children of their own so all of us became their children and our children their grandchildren. Only after we had all adopted each other did we find out that Conan and Linda really are cousins. Terry was such a funny and loving man. He always had a joke to tell and a kind word to say. I never walked away that I wasn't chuckling. He also gave the best hugs! It was quite a shock when the phone call came last Tuesday. Our world was turned upside down. It seems that his brakes failed and that he did all that he could to keep others out of harms way. He was always thinking of others. I will miss his smile and having him sit with us at church. He loved the kids and was so great with them. Brittan slept over there one night and was so excited to do it again until she realized that Papa Terry wasn't going to be there to make her pancakes. Zac loved to go over and just play and wrestle with him. He always was there for us. He alwyas came to everything that the kids were involved in. He came to ball games, birthday parties, blessings, baptisms and everything else we could invite him to. Although it has been really hard it also makes me so grateful for the gospel. I am so glad that I know that he is with our Father in Heaven and that he is OK. We will see him again. It was Terry's time to return to haven and Serve his other mission. I can only hope that my kids grow up to be like him, a loving, kind, responsible, patriotic, and God loving person. We love you Terry and we miss you!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. (I never know what to say in situations like this. I wish there were words or some way to make that stabbing from the inside out feeling go away). I read on Val's blog what happened to him. So sad. I'm so glad that you and your family had the opportunity to know such a wonderful man.

Katie said...

I am so sorry Kris. He sounds like a wonderful man.