Monday, September 1, 2008

It's About Time!!


I just have to write about the great night away that Conan & I had on Friday! It has been 2 years since we went anywhere overnight away from the kids. We have tried to plan a night away many times but something has always prevented it. So about a month ago Conan planned a night away. He called my mom to watch the kids and made a reservation and everything. Then about a week later he called me and told me that he had to work and that it wasn't going to work out. I was understandably disappointed but I understood. Well on Sunday of last week Conan started not feeling all that well and decided that he needed to go to the doctor to get checked out. He had a nasty virus and ended up staying home for the week. It was so great to have him home. We decided since he was home to take advantage and go away. Mom was so great and willing to watch the kids so on Friday morning we left. It was great. We went shopping at the mall and then we went out to lunch at Rumbi (YUM!) We decided to go to IKEA to look for a new computer desk and some other things. It was fun and of course we brought home a computer desk and a few other things. Conan had decided that he wanted to go over to Boondocks and ride the go-carts. The picture is of the 2 of us waiting in line. We had a blast. Then it was off to the hotel and then out for dinner and ice cream and just hanging out. It was so much fun to just spend time with my wonderful husband. I think sometimes we get so used to doing everything for the kids that we sometimes loose ourselves. We had such a great time and I need to tell my Mom thanks again!! You're the best! I also need to tell Conan thanks!! I couldn't ask for a better husband. Now I can't wait to do it again!!

3 comments:

Sassy Lu said...

I'm so happy that you were able to get away. Looks like y'all had a blast! You totally deserved it! I know Mom had lots of fun with the kids too. Better start planning the next trip before two years passes again!

Stephanie said...

That's great Kris! It is always nice to have some adult time. I am glad you all got to go and it looks like you had a lot of fun too!

Jamie said...

earlier this year Mark went to California to visit 2 old high school and couple years post high school friends. THey are both married with 2 kids and have been married for over 10 years each. They were astounded to hear that Mark and I go on regular dates without the kids...
They go everywhere with their kids. To each their own, of course, but I'm grateful for time away on a regular basis.
glad you were able to have a nice relaxing time