Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sanpete County Fair

This past weekend we went down to Manti for the Sanpete County Fair. Mom and Mark had invited us and since Conan was going fishing with his friend Al for the day I decided to take the kids. They had a blast!! We got there on Saturday morning and we went down to the carnival. Typical of carnivals it didn't open until noon. So we walked around the animal barns and the exhibition building and then the Car Show. We all had fun and saw lots of people. We had lunch and then came back to the carnival. Pa had gotten the kids all day ride passes. They had a great time riding on the rides with Grammie and Pa! As you can see Brittan even talked me into riding a ride with her. It was good fun.



Then off to the parade! I forgot how much candy is thrown at the parade in Manti! My kids scored and that was with them riding in the parade with Pa as he is a county commissioner.


As if that was not enough for one day we went to the rodeo that night. The kids had never been to a rodeo before! Crazy I know but they had a blast. Especially when Grammie took them out to ride more rides during the rodeo. It was a great time. I love to watch the rodeo and other events down there. I took a picture of the view from the grandstand. I don't know of anywhere else that you can look at the temple as you have some good ole rodeoin'!! We had such a great time!! Thanks Grammie and Pa!

3 comments:

Ammy said...

Looks like lots of fun! I remember being there one year for the fair. We went to the Derby and your Mom made sure that we had some squash or something...I don't remember to enter. What an awesome Auntie...Anyway...it was fun. How fun to be able to take your kiddos.
Love ya,
Ammy

centauri said...

We had so much fun and so much exhaustion at the end of the day. It was fun to take the kids to the carnival. We will have to do it again. Thanks for coming and sharing the day with us.
Love
Grammie

Sassy Lu said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to the fair. I think we have always missed it when we come home to visit. Gross as they may be, there is just nothing like the sights, sounds and smells of the Sanpete County Fair! How fun that they got to ride with Pa too!!!!