Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thanksgiving Point

I decided that I would take the kids for one last day of fun today before school started. I thought it would be fun to go to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point and then out to lunch to celebrate. I don't know what I was thinking going to Thanksgiving point on a $2 Tuesday. I thought since Alpine school district started yesterday that we would be safe and it would be really busy after school not in the morning. Not the case. We drove up and the parking lot was packed. I thought it looked pretty busy but not unexpected. We unloaded and walked over to the museum. The line was out the door clear to the far end of the building and wrapped around to the other corner to the end of the building. I asked a lady close to the front how long they had been in line and she said about 25 minutes and they hadn't moved much. Needless to say I wasn't about to wait 2 hours or more to get into the dinosaur museum. So we decided to go to the farm. The wait there was only about 15 minutes and it wasn't too bad aside from the heat. The kids loved the animals and we rode on the wagon.
It turned out to be really fun and then we went and had lunch at Chili's. When we got back it was time to go to the school for the open house. Both the kids got to meet their teachers and see their classrooms. I know that Brittan is excited I'm not so sure about Zac but I know I am excited!! It was a fun afternoon!

1 comment:

Sassy Lu said...

What a fun day!!! I can't believe it's time for school to start already! I'm sure Zac will do great like he always does and Miss Britters will have a blast in Kindergarten! BTW - her hair looks super cute! Love ya!